Social & Ethical responsibilities
Trendsetter Europe OÜ recognises that a clear ethics strategy is needed to assist the company to realise its ethical goals. Our strategy includes 5 key focus areas:
- Establishing Our Ethical Standards
- Building Ethical Awareness
- Measuring and Monitoring Ethical Compliance
- Taking Action
- Maintaining an Ethical Culture
These key focus areas help us manage our ethical requirements in a proactive way. The first two key focus areas provide the initial foundation and the remaining three represent the key focus areas of on-going activity that is needed to manage our company’s ethics.
In addition to this, our “Standards for Business Partnerships”, which is agreed with all our key suppliers, promotes ethical awareness and places requirements on our suppliers to adopt policies & procedures to ensure that:
- Employment is freely chosen;
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected;
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic;
- Child labour shall not be used;
- Living wages are paid;
- Working hours are not excessive;
- No discrimination is practiced;
- Regular employment is provided;
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed.
Trendsetter Europe OÜ is also member of Sedex, the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange, which is a not for profit membership organisation dedicated to driving improvements in responsible and ethical business practices in global supply chains.